View Single Post
Old 10-24-2007, 09:01 PM

Default PL: Turned non-nut straight on no-lo board

PLO8 $0.10/$0.25, Party, 8-way
Stack sizes:
hero: $26.35
MP2: $23.65
SB: $14.91

Pre-flop: (8 players) hero is MP1 with 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, hero calls, MP2 calls, 2 folds, SB calls, BB checks.

Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($1.25, 5 players)
SB checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, hero checks, MP2 checks.

Turn: J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($1.25, 5 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets $0.25</font>, 2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero?</font>

OK, so I've turned the non-nut straight + a probably worthless top pair on a two-flush board. SB min-bets into me and I've got a player (MP2) to act behind me.
Should I clearly be potting this, only re-evaluating if MP2 calls my raise?
If MP2 calls should I abandon any notions of value betting the river and check-call because of a likely trap?
If MP2 folds and SB calls do you think I can value bet the river if it doesn't pair the board or bring 3 clubs?
If MP2 and SB both call and the river doesn't pair the board or bring clubs should I be more inclined to try a value bet as they might have had draws, or go into check call mode (as if only a better hand would call at these limits, but yeah...)