View Single Post
Old 10-24-2007, 08:32 PM

Default Re: Help settle a debate: this guy\'s bluff good or bad?

[ QUOTE ]
10/20 NL. I've been aggressive preflop but not out of line and haven't been caught doing crazy [censored] yet, but definitely reraising more than most.

Anyway, villain raises to 70 on the CO, I make it 250 w/xx from SB, he calls with TT.

Flop(510): 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
I bet 300, he calls
Turn (1110): J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
I check, he checks.
River (1110): 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
I bet 760, he insta jams for 900 more. Anyone like this push by him?

Also, if you're in my shoes and there are no real reads either way what's your minimum hand to bet this river with?

[/ QUOTE ]

i think the minimum hand i bet this river with is 6-7 or J-9, but i wouldnt check the turn with either hand. your hand looks a lot like a set or 8-8 to me, and i wouldnt expect you to fold any of those hand on the river getting slightly better than 3-1 to call, so meh, this is a [censored] spot to bluff. i dont think i'd like it even if he shoved for $1400 more given the action. your line looks too strong to bet the flop check the turn and then v-bet the river, but then again i have no idea how you play over pairs in this spot. just saying villains shove is probably into a strong part of your range here. D-.

-Tex