View Single Post
Old 10-24-2007, 08:18 PM

Default Re: Sample size and BR Requirements for limit omaha 8 or better

No disrespect, but these BR questions aren't particularly useful. For example, if you are playing micro stakes, then who cares, as you can replenish your BR fairly easily. At the other end of the spectrum, if you are playing mega stakes, then you want to be massively over bankrolled as you wouldn't want a bad run to effectively make you broke. Mike Caro was writing this a *long* time ago.

Although you won't get much of it here, and I also won't go into it in depth, but its debatable how "accurate" the mathematical models are for BR anyway. For example, the orignal maths model that gave us 300BB for limit holdem was based on some pretty shakey assumptions.

So what I would say, is use your own rule of thumbs. If you like taking shots, take shots. If playing with too few buyins makes you nervous, get over bankrolled. Don't focus on what other people do, focus on what is best for you.

Just some corrections...the higher the stakes you go, the less your figures make sense. I think stoxtrader said he always had 1000BB for each limit; I don't think anyone ever claimed to be beating the biggest stakes of NL in the region of 4-7 BB, although the confusion around PTBB means you sometimes end up comparing apples to oranges; in limit holdem, a good win rate was 1BB+/100, not per hour.

gl

bdd