View Single Post
Old 10-24-2007, 08:15 PM

Default Re: A very interesting ethics situation and a Bellagio Floor ruling

[ QUOTE ]
I really don't understand how he increase the bet-size that much having already started his act of betting.

Can I reach forward with $50 in chips and drop them one at a time until I get to $35 or $40 and then say, "$2000" and reach back for the rest of my bet?

I thought if I was going to bet $2000 I either needed to say so before I started the physical motion forward OR I needed to have that many chips with me in my motion forward because I'm not allowed to go back to my stack.

Someone clarify this aspect of it for me please. I'm not talking at all about someone interrupting in the middle and saying "call."
I'm just talking about holding $50 of chips in your hand when you reach forward, cutting out a few of those chips, and then saying "$2000"

[/ QUOTE ]
your question was addressed earlier in the thread, don't know how you missed it. the answer is that it appears to be perfectly fine in the bellagio 10-20 game:

"quite often a player will grab a stack of chips, start to cut them past the betting line, then realize that they didn't grab as many chips as they wanted to bet, and declare an amount before they finish cutting.

this practice has always been acceptable in this game as far as i've seen"

i added that i've never seen such a large verbal increase as was described in the op, but in principle i suppose there's really no difference between 400-->600 and 400-->2k.