View Single Post
Old 10-24-2007, 07:05 PM

Default Re: Get your n00b out, uNL--Volume 2

Thanks a ton for doing this.

I play well at the beginning of a session (I'm around 8BB/100 over the last 15k hands), but the moment things start to go poorly I start tilting, first subtly and then become really retarded aggro against everyone. I spew off a couple buyins at least every third session. The upshot is that I have massive swings and my graph looks like a lollercoaster with 6 BI up or downswings in less than 1k hands in my graph being totally standard. Here are the hands I have on this computer, all at 25 NL and fairly representative of how things are going: http://img165.imageshack.us/my.php?image=25nlhl8.jpg
I've been grinding microstakes for about 25k hands and I have the talent, technical skill, and the roll to move up, but tilt problems (and thus confidence issues) make that seem like a bad idea. Do you have any advice so that I can overcome this hurdle?

<font color="orange">No easy answer here. it could be your playing style or a myriad of other variables here. Just continue to focus and play solid poker, try your hardest not to spew. </font>

<font color="red">Psych is so important in poker that they have their own forum. Id suggest you check it out - its on the sidebar there. You need to make peace with yourself and stop yourself tilting or you will fail at poker, no question. I struggle with this also but I am so much better than I used to be. When I feel im tilting I just instaclose my client. Sometimes I'll even kill it from the task manager to avoid having to close individual tables. Just get out of there.

Getting sucked out is something you will have to come to terms with. I am also MUCH better at this now. You must learn to lose. One thing that really helped me is playing over-rolled. I just had a huge tourney score so I am way overrolled for 100nl, and atm I am practising some stuff at 50nl. So its almost like the money is irrelevant because I cant go bust. So when Im playing lag and I lose 3bi (like yesterday) it means nothing and I am unaffected. Playing within your roll is a good way to train yourself not to tilt.