View Single Post
Old 10-24-2007, 05:51 PM

Default Re: astroglide\'s home theater: what i own, what i would buy today

johnnycakes, he asked about wireless rear speakers. considering the quality and amount of sound that comes out of them, i don't see how it's much of a compromise - especially on a cheap system.

rick, i've run into this rocketfish wireless rear speaker setup quite a bit online. never heard or used them myself. i'd still probably go for that or a native rear wireless setup before considering a virtual surround implementation. luckily, my main viewing room is well-suited for wiring.

huskiez, with all these references i'm starting to think that av123 is either a cult or a good product. perhaps both.

bobman, if you want simple, go to cnet. watch out for inputs. johnny's avsforum link is a great source, but you might get lost in the noise. the owner threads are great when you come closer to a decision and want to see how people are getting along with a given product.

i've been out of this thread for a while and the OP is looking pretty rusty. i threw a 32" westinghouse lcd in my bedroom, and i've been using that instead of my main set for gaming. if i were to buy a replacement today, i would have to consider a 60" 1080p pioneer plasma. they seriously jump out at me when i stroll through best buy.