View Single Post
Old 10-24-2007, 05:05 PM

Default Re: Video: Entity and the Road to Robusto

[ QUOTE ]
Rob,

I think your AT fold is really bad. Obviously his most likely hand is a flush and a hand like 65s or T6s could also be betting. But there is too good of a chance he has a hand like T8/T9/JT/QT/KT that waited to see if overcards came and then decided to bet this "safe" river hoping to get a call from a worse pair or A high. Or that he has a ridiculous hand like A6, or he's making a ridiculous bluff with QJ.

I think this is an example of where you overvalued your read. Your read is good in that it tells you that you are beat a lot, more than one would expect without a read. But it's pretty much irrelevant, because the pot is laying you a good enough price (7 to 1) to call.

[/ QUOTE ]

At 7:1 I don't think it's even close to a pretty bad fold. It might be slightly bad but the combo of stats and how he had played top pair in the past on very similar boards made me very inclined to think that he's not one to make a thin valuebet at all, and he is one to be afraid the river is going to be checked through. You'll note that I timed out trying to make the decision which is partly a byproduct of talking while making the decision but mostly that I think it's razor-thin vs. this player and anyone saying "it's a bad fold" hasn't played these limits or doesn't remember what a tight-passive player's river value bets are like.

Rob