View Single Post
Old 10-24-2007, 05:05 PM

Default Re: A very interesting ethics situation and a Bellagio Floor ruling

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This kind of commonsense fairness is fine when an honest error is made, or a one-time aberration due to frustration. But angle-shooting regulars just don't get that kind of benefit of the doubt, because if they do they will just keep taking advantage of the non-angle-shooting players again and again. I think this was handled perfectly.

[/ QUOTE ]

The real problem is that the term "angle-shooting regulars" should not be allowed to exist. If you remove the angle shooters the room will be more pleasant for everyone involved. It is generally a bad business practice to allow someone that shoots angles to chase away the honest players.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've talked to several people who were in the game at the time and none of them felt like it was an 'angle-shoot' by Player 1.

[/ QUOTE ]

-the "angle-shooting regular" in this example is player 2.

-i'm not sure how anyone can say player 1 isn't shooting an angle here, when he grabs $400 in chips, and then ends up verbally declaring "$2000". the debate is whether it's an angle that the floor should allow to stand. if observing players don't even consider it an angle-shoot, then i would say the term "angle-shooting regulars" is not just a notion, but a clear reality.