View Single Post
Old 10-24-2007, 04:47 PM

Default Re: OOT, What is your life situation?

These threads are cool. Really interesting.

-Occupation: student. currently in London for my junior year abroad. For poker, I currently play NL25-50, NL100 HU, $6-$16 sngos, pretty much whatever I feel like. I have way too much poker money for the limits I currently play, but I've never really tried to move up and I'm scared to try. Don't really like playing poker.

-Family: single.

-Happy? Ya sure. I'm sorta stressed out about school right now, but it should all work out and I'll have a degree that should look good on a resume. I'm currently learning Thai because I might want to do graduate work and/or live in Thailand. I'm happy with that and the fact that I can watch episodes of Pinky and the Brain on my computer.

My plan was similar to XXXNoahXXX in that I wanted to make a ton of money then work for a charity or just travel. Two potential problems that I see:
1. What is a "ton" of money?
2. Amassing money might adversely affect me. When I was doing really well in poker I bought the most pointless [censored] and my general attitude toward money was not what I'd like it to be. I don't want to make a lot of money if it will cause me to want to buy a huge house or a sick car.