View Single Post
Old 10-24-2007, 04:36 PM

Default Re: Virtual horse racing/betting........

I no longer race the digital horses. The idea was really cool and I jumped in too fast and spent too much money before I really understood what I was doing. I was never really able to recover. I sent a PM explaining in more detail.

In short, start small and use the claimers to get yourself a couple horses. Select some horses that others have already put claims on. That way you know the horse is at least decent as others also have interest in it. Use those claimed horses to study previous races and training. That will help you when/if you decide to spend more money and purchase new horses from the ring.

I can't stress enough that you need to start small. It will seem boring at first with a small stable but you need to do it this way. The regulars have a lot more experience and place their horses well. Take the time to learn first before investing too much money. Claimers is the best way to learn. It may require you to dabble in claimers for about a month or two to fully understand how to place your horses correctly and know what to look for.