View Single Post
Old 10-24-2007, 04:31 PM

Default Re: Ed Miller\'s new book

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm surprised that he is now writing articles for Cardplayer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? Seems like a natural step to me.

Remember, Dave & Mason have both written for CP at one time or another.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ed Miller used to be a big part of 2+2 and they have a feud with Cardplayer Magazine since a few years back.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but consider this - What's Ed's best selling book? Ed wrote it all by himself, but Mason & Dave still put their names on the cover. And so, by extension, get a taste of the royalties that would otherwise be Ed's alone.

Sure, Ed owes a big debt to 2+2. They give him his publishing break. Ed certainly owes a lot of his understanding of the game to his Major Kong days when he was just another poster like the rest of us, trying to put it all together.

But ever since GSIH, and certainly since NLH:T&P, Ed has worked hard at "being his own man" rather than Mason & Dave's unholy love-child. Hence publishing most of his more recent articles on his own, hideously constructed, Web page rather than here on the 2+2 internet magazine.

That Ed's "break" from 2+2 and "becoming his own man", if you wish to call it that, roughly coincides with his marriage to Elaine is something for other people to speculate on.

I will only say that, after being married for several years myself, my wife keeps mine in a box on top of the refrigerator.