View Single Post
Old 10-24-2007, 04:10 PM

Default Re: A5s in blind battle.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
baltostar, at one point you recommended that someone take an intro probability course
as I have taken an intro probability course, can you explain to me what 'better quality variance' is?

[/ QUOTE ]

On the avg hand risk distribution curve, if your strategy involves adding variance to move your mean to the right (because right-skew comes along with the variance), then better quality variance is an achievable shape that better improves your mean.

I think that the flood of similar-styled players is causing the tails to get too long and fat and is reducing the amount of skew. I think that if you avoid pursuing lines that tend to scale to allin in the most marginal perceived cEV+ scenarios that you can slim-down the tails and get back some of the skew.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont know what the 'avg hand risk distribution curve' is, but ignoring that, I can't tell whether you think that adding variance to move your mean to the right (presumably you're talking about increasing profit here) is a good or bad strategy. To clarify, it is in fact a good strategy. I also don't know what 'an achievable shape' means, so I dont know whether you think added variance that adds to your expected profit counts as better quality variance or not.

basically I have no idea wtf you're talking about, shocker.

also adanthar, your steps suck. most people who win money at poker are terrible at giving advice (and terrible at poker)