View Single Post
Old 10-24-2007, 04:03 PM

Default Re: Clarifying

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You aren't a sucker because those machines are expensive-- you are a sucker because you are slurping up a marketing campaign designed for suckers and you think you understand the opposition, but you don't.

I could go on, but you apparently are gifted with such superior analytic abilities that whatever I think is based on a faulty construct (even if I were right) or a lack of appreciation of your fitness level/needs.

So good luck with your home gym. I'm sure one of those machines could be part of an excellent home fitness routine and I hope you are happy with it as an accessory, too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where did all that come from? I just want to know which machine that takes up about fifty square feet looks and works the best in a second floor room.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was reacting to:

"Please stop trying to save me money."

"So far it seems like everyone here is kind of inexperienced about this stuff thinking [X and Y]. Who taught you to think this way?"

I considered it a mis-diagnosis of the response you obtained generally, and from me, specifically.

To get back on what is apparently the correct track: I think ultimately you can trust your own opinion of what looks the best, but running it by an interior decorator couldn't hurt. I have no idea which one works the best, but it seems likely that the value is marginal enough that utility shouldn't be the governing factor (aesthetics or some kind of acquired/associated status should). As I said, good luck and good health.