View Single Post
Old 10-24-2007, 03:58 PM

Default Re: 66 from BB on bubble: to pop or not to pop?

[ QUOTE ]
he ended up having 88, i actually flopped a set, but he rivered an 8. I made my move bc I was playing to win, not just to limp into the money, but I actually think my play may have been pretty bad. I definetly want to try to be aggro on the bubble to gather chips for the final push, but I think i would probably have better chances being the first raiser, instead of shoving and merely hoping i'm flipping coins. I'd really like to hear some more input only bc I'm torn between trying to get a healthy stack by racing so that i can pick on the other players before the bubble burst, or to wait and take down a smaller pot by being the first raiser. I really didn't expect villain to fold a large percentage of the time here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that this is a close shove but I think you're right about being first in rather than being 2nd in the pot. Just cashing isn't your main objective but in this situation where you're probably 50/50 at best and drawing very thin to over pairs there's not much incentive, IMO to pushing AI. The other reason is becuase you're playing against one of the chip leaders who will insta call a wide range of hands. Your stack is in near-crisis mode but not so small that you don't have any FE left. Get you chips in 1st the next opportunity and hope for the best.

Not focusing on the result I think this is an easy fold.