View Single Post
Old 10-24-2007, 03:33 PM

Default Re: Villain open shove flops in 3bet pot

[ QUOTE ]
this is a snap call, but bilbo your stoved range has the wrong board. regardless it's still a call.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol, yeah, our equity is even better:

Board: 8h 9s Qs
Dead:

equity win tie pots won pots tied
Hand 0: 68.441% 67.79% 00.65% 48990 472.50 { QQ+, 99-88, AsKs, AsJs, AsTs, As8s, As7s, As6s, As5s, As4s, As3s, As2s, JTs, Q8o+, JTo }
Hand 1: 31.559% 30.90% 00.65% 22335 472.50 { KcKh }

MRBAA,

It isn't about how many hands of poker you've played. It's about how often you HAVE CALLED IN THESE SPOTS.

These spots come up about once a session with me. I never (EVER) fold overpairs or TPTK in them. So I've probably called here about 200-300 times, and consequently have a sample size of 2-300 to use to estimate what hole cards your typical drooler will have here.

You, on the other hand, always fold here. Your sample size consists of the 10 or 20 hands that villain might have deigned to show you instead of mucking (and that's if you've played as many sessions as me, which is possible, because I don't do nearly as many hands/month as most here).

And yet you'd like to lecture all of us on Villain's range? Do you see why I am getting a little tired of arguing with you about villain's range? How the hell would you know it? You are applying some amateur psychology to people you can't even see, to try and get an inkling of their thought-process. You make all kinds of (incorrect) assumptions about how rational these people (that you can't see, and don't know) would act.

Me, I'll take the data from my n=200 experiment over your intuition, thanks very much.