View Single Post
Old 10-24-2007, 03:05 PM

Default Re: $5/$10 Set River Decision (Hand reading related)

[ QUOTE ]
i like your thought process, you think he probably has air and you're trying to extrapulate no harm in that... except when you play something weak and lose value from a lagtard... which this guy is. the problem is he doesn't have much. he would be jamming the pot with overpairs right so you're read is pretty good and you're baiting him along, i see no problem in that. bet to induce shove if you think that's how he's playing although the ten isn't a great card since 89 just got there and you priced him in with youre minraising shenanigans. other than that its a pretty dry board so i dont mind slowplay here but given villain its meh but give read its not as meh imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

At the river, I thought about 89 in his ranges. I was 90% sure he'd jam or re-raise the turn with 89, especially given my weakline. (Earlier, he moved in on the turn with gut-shot after bet/call-3bet against over pair on the flop. He got there at the river)

I think he believes my hand is weak while his hand has no showdown value on that board, given the fact I only bet $250 at the river (with $1250 behind), his check/shove can get most of my range fold at the river.