View Single Post
Old 10-24-2007, 03:00 PM

Default Clarifying

Hey guys,

Please stop trying to save me money. I already have an Olympic weight set in the garage and am a member of a gym. I might not look it now, but once was in very good shape and know quite a bit about the subject. I am fully aware that simple equipment used right is better than the best equipment used not as well.

But I have this extra room and I want to fill it up with an effective machine that also looks pretty good. The Powertec doesn't use an individual weight stack but rather plates. You can't drop the weight but at times it could weigh 1000 pounds. The Revolution uses something different than the bowflex rods and I have never seen it in person.

The two machines mentioned, to my knowledge, are kind of unique. The other alternatives would be the best Bowflex or one of the numerous type of multistation machines that uses weight stacks.

So far it seems like everyone here is kind of inexperienced about this stuff thinking that a 45 minute workout on a $100 machine is better than a 40 minute workout on a $3000 machine. Who taught you to think this way?