View Single Post
Old 10-24-2007, 02:33 PM

Default Re: Nexgens, Diamonds, Faux Clay ????

I have a set of Nexgens, and a bird cage case. Both work fine. The Nexgens are another composite chip, but compared to others in the same price range, looks quite different. To me all the other low end composites look like dice chips with slight variations. The Nexgens are quite different, different color schemes etc.

Warning: Once you get the Nexgens, you will only be happy with them for a short time because you will then want clay chips.

I like my Nexgens, but I want clays now. I will probably end up buying some clays somewhere, and then be mad cause I didn't get Paulsons. Chips become that way for some, check homepoker and chiptalk. They'll tell ya. After the chip fetish is satisfied, you're gonna want plastic cards, and then a better table and then a... oh it goes on and on.

The bird cages are the better cases imho. The racks are great ways to count up chips etc. Each slot holds 20, a rack holds 100. The cases become traps for felt lint, and whatever else decides to float in and stick to the velvet linings they have. They racks are great for cash games as well. When you get your Nexgens and customize them with labels, the case will show them off.

If your poker scene is like mine, everyone uses dice chips and bicycle cards on the kitchen table, or patio if it is outside. When I host, everyone oohs and ahhs over the different set up, Nexgens with custom labels and denoms on the back (I wouldn't denom 'em again if given choice but that is a whole other conversation), Copag and KEM cards on a table built for poker. Don't get me wrong, this is not a baller set up by any means. It's just different than the standard dice chip, kitchen table game.