View Single Post
Old 10-24-2007, 02:30 PM

Default Re: October Low-Content Thread

So, the fire was heading through Rancho Santa Fe and heading directly toward my house. We were under mandatory evacuation so there wasn't much time to post about my commerce 3 day binge. Now the wind has changed and we are back in our home with new perspective on the "bad beat." At least 4 doctors I work with regularly have confirmed that their houses are gone.

The trip was a marginal success and I posted a 2k win despite running like ass for most of the trip. I played an 18 hr intense session in the 60 where the game was insanely good. There were 2 players who had played over 72 hrs and one was stuck in the 30k range. The highlight hand included me overlimping with 55 and flopping a set in a pot that was 8 ways for 2 bets preflop and capped on the flop by me 6 ways. Of course the one card straight gets there on the river and I lose the 2 rack pot. Then I get AJ against 2 players with QT on an AKx flop and of course the turn is a J. The retarded part is that I got owned on the turn as I bet and the first guy with the nuts just calls and then the second one raises and then I call trying to fill and now the first guy raises and the second one caps. The river bricked anyway but it was still gross losing to 2 guys who had 3 outs to a chop.

Surf flew out from NYC and sacked up pretty huge. He shortstacked the 20/40 NL and doubles through some guy when he flops a straight. I will let him tell the story since it is pretty good if he wants. Then he plays limit and runs over everyone with a his boat flopping skills.

I did play one pretty sweet hand. I 3 bet TT against a tight solid early raiser. We get HU on a TT9r flop and he checkraises me. I 3 bet him and think about how sick it is going to be when he chekraises me on the turn. The turn puts out a 5 and I get to 3 bet his CR again. The river is another 5 and he check/calls as I proudly announce my favorite hand, "QUADS FULL." Surf laughs.

I played a bunch of hands against the best player alive (just ask him) i.e. scott lazar. I think it took him 2 days to realize I was going to take passive lines against him since he is such a damn betting station. The best hand was when I raise KxQs and he 3 bets QQ, the BB calls 3 and the flop is 8s9s3x and I peel one off getting 10:1 with overs and 2 backdoor draws. Turn was Ks and I c/c. River was a brick and I c/c. The ensuing conversation was classic.

Best player in the world "wow, wow, it looks like we play very differently."

me: "yes we do"

BPITW: "I would never call that flop. See, you hit your card and still didn't know what to do"

me: "I am pretty sure I knew what to do." Thinking: "I just let you bet since you never stop betting"

BPITW: "How long have you been playing this game. I didn't read you for that bad. wow, wow, wow, how can you call that flop"

me: "you are way too good a player for me to give you insight into my thinking" me thinking "for christ sake you can have 22 here how can I not call that flop. You are going to raise me and 3 bet me with gutshots and then lecture me about making a loose peel getting 10.5:1?"

BPITW: "blah, blah, blah, blah"

me: "I am pretty sure I don't want to discuss this hand with you anymore."