View Single Post
Old 10-24-2007, 02:27 PM

Default Re: Four Idiots

Since there is no Slit Your Wrists forum, I'll throw this gem here, even though it belongs in Small Stakes LC or BBV.

I head to Commerce last night on a whim to play some 9-18 because it isn't time yet to donate all my 9-18 winnings to the 20 game.

To my left is a 2+2er and he's filling me in on all the AP shenanigans. I go on a bad run to start and claw my way back to about even, ready to go home, when he goes out for a smoke. In that time I raise four consecutive hands:

QQ. Lose to K6 that turns trips.
QQ. Lose to 94o. "Big Blind Special!"
AKs. Lose to some crap.
KQs. Lose to Q-crap.

2+2er returns and raises EP. He's on the board for the 20 game and has booked a nice win, so he's been getting noticeably frisky of late. There's a caller or two, then a loose azn guy I've played with before 3-bets. I call in the BB with AQ. I flop top two and bet; both call.

Q on the turn fills me up. Bet, call, call.

K on river. I bet, azn raises. Sure enough, he has KK. He cackles, "I put him on AQ" as he scoops the chips.

2+2er leaves to the 20 game and I'm fully tilting at this point, and it's getting late, so I decide to leave after the current orbit. I'm actively petitioning the poker gods not to give me any good hands so I can limp home with my tail between my legs.

So of course I'm UTG+1 and get AA. Lose to Q7. The crazy azn lady to my left (I currently hate her because she keeps IWTSTH-ing my ass when she rivers two pair on me and I fold after calling her) feels sorry for me. "Every hand, bad beat! So Sorry." The LAG across from me is tapping the table in commiseration.

Next hand I'm UTG. Last hand. Thank you Jaysusss! AhKh. Dammit. I Raise. LAG 3-bets. We've played together a number of times and he doesn't try the ridiculous fancy plays and hopeless bluffs against me that he does against most others, so I give him credit for a little something. Flop is 732. Turn puts two hearts on the board, and I'm just check-calling along. River is blank and he takes it down with 74o.

I lose 50BB in 30 minutes with AA, QQ x2, AKs x2, AQ, KQs, and KJs.