View Single Post
Old 10-24-2007, 12:28 PM

Default Re: live 6/12, AJo CO

[ QUOTE ]
I didn't give too much of a read on the BN in the OP, mainly because my read on him isn't strong. But I don't necessarily think he's a standard passive live player; too loose definitely, as indicated by the other hand in which he called two cold on the flop and couldn't beat my top pair with just a jack, but I think that draws are in his range.

BN can have a lot of suited Q's, probably offsuit Q's down to around 8 or so, maybe even KJ or JT and straight and flush draws. The BB can have as little as the A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].

I chose to lead out a blank turn figuring I could fold easily to a raise here without giving away a free card. There were a lot of cards I would have c/f'ed, but the turn was something like a red 7. I bet, BN looks disappointed and confused and calls, BB calls.

River is another blank, say a red 3. OK, I've played the hand differently than everyone else here. Is there a value river bet now?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll bite. If your read is that he is not a typical loose passive, meaning he is going to be more aggressive than most, I don't really like the turn donk. I like c/f. But I don't hate the turn donk.

Given your read on button after your turn bet I think you have the easiest river check ever. He has a [censored] queen like QTs almost always and he's convinced that you've got him. He's showing down here.

The only other reasonable option is a draw, but I think it's really rare. I think he'd be likely to fold a naked J to the donk bet. I also don't think that a hand he'll coldcall with pf that isn't a draw is behind you very often.

I really need to work on my writing skills.