View Single Post
Old 10-24-2007, 10:05 AM

Default Re: AP Visit: I\'m going to Costa Rica

While I realize that this will anger the "burn AP to the ground" crowd, has anybody stopped to think that maybe, just maybe, not EVERYBODY at AP (or online poker rooms, in general) is an unethical, dishonest, criminal? Isn't it quite possible that many of the higher-ups in the company were fooled just as badly as AP customers by POTRIPPER and friends and that they are simply guilty of being blind?

I'm not saying that the big shots at AP aren't covering things up, as they very well may be, but it is frustrating to me that people automatically assume that everyone who is involved in the operation of an online poker room (especially one that is not PokerStars) is a crook.

I completely understand the opinion that AP is just inviting Nat down as a sort of publicity stunt so that they can feed him the information that they want to be made public. But with very, very few exceptions, nobody here knows who exactly it was who extended the invitation to Nat. While it could very well be someone who simply wants to get Nat to report that AP is doing everything correctly from here on out, it realistically could also be someone who honestly had no knowledge of the cheating, was not involved in the initial denials, and legitimately wants to get everything cleaned up, even if it means that AP looks even worse in the short run.

Again, I'm not saying that AP isn't just trying to pull the rug over everyone's eyes, but I also think it's silly to automatically assume that everyone who works for an online gambling company that is not based in the U.S. is an unethical savage.

Alternatively, Nat could be part of a rogue splinter group at AP that enlisted the cheaters, outed them, and "investigated" the improprieties to earn the trust of the poker community, all to get the executives fired so that they could install their own regime.