View Single Post
Old 10-24-2007, 10:04 AM

Default Re: Pokertracker for MTT players?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

When I do use PT for MTT's (which is rarely), I mainly use it to display VPIP and PFR stats on my opponents.

[/ QUOTE ]

so you shelled out the extra bucks to get Pokerace HUD? Does it differentiate stats for tourney and cash games or combines them together for all players?
Is it worth getting PT just for Pokerace for a tourney-only player?
thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is really dependent on the person i think. i know some pros that basically never use pt/pa while they play tourneys. i personally find them invaluable, as when i have several tables open, and have a marginal decision on one, seeing that the guy is 8/4 over 40 hands or whatever, or 40/29 over that same range, is going to help me make that marginal decision. more than that the additional stats, for example, fold bb to steal, can be very useful as well once you get a decent sample size.

i think others feel like it distracts them from making good decisions and also makes them lazy/not pay attention when they arent in a hand. but theyre without a doubt "worth it" from a purely financial standpoint, its like $75 for the combo right, which is nothing compared to the money you stand to make. they were, i believe, the first pieces of poker-related software i ever paid for, and i remember how excited i was when i got PT. my roll was probably like $200 at the time. heh.