View Single Post
Old 10-24-2007, 09:30 AM

Default Re: 10-20 QQ vs. UTG limp rr

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think calling pre is a reaaaal big mistake, but then again I'd hate to lose to people that limp reraise. It seems like such a dumb out-of-date play

[/ QUOTE ]

haha false, and super-simplistic.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ermm...not really. I would have to have played with a guy a fair amount to give him credit for LRRing a bigger range than QQ-AA and AK. If you limp a big hand utg, someone raises behind, and other calls, obv you should rr, but limp-calling is almost always better in the scheme of things.

I mean, maybe live donks fall for this stuff, I dunno.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're proving my point, if I understand you correctly. For some reason, you seem to think that one can only LRR big hands. Playing 10-handed, in loose games, I will limp tons of things up front, and then somebody raises (say an internet kid who thinks limping pre-flop is always wrong), 3 callers trail in, and it comes back to me. I look at the internet kid, who tells me if he can call a reraise probably 75% of the time, and if he can't, I SIIHP. This is a great way to make money now, while setting them up for later.
They're thinking "If he'll LRR J8s, his range is 24%," but actually, my range is even wider when they can't call, and narrower when they can.

LRR'ing (and the things that go along with it like back-raising) is one of the things that makes it fun/tolerable/profitable to play 10-handed, when you'd rather be playing short.

I'm not implying, btw, that Villain in this hand thinks along these lines; I'm just responding to your, "LRR'ing is dumb and outdated," claim.