Thread: AQ SB Playalong
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2007, 09:07 AM

Default Re: And so we continue...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Checking looks suspicious and might result in the flop checking through.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is that a bad thing? Especially if we agree on the principles that, A) neither opponent is ever folding a better hand than your AQ, and, 2) that neither opponent is ever folding a halfway decent draw. And by "halfway decent" I'm including things like gutshots or 2 good overs.

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree a better hand is close to never folding. but any hand with outs that folds is a good thing.

more importantly, why don't you want to collect bets from worse hands with "decent" draws that are willing to pay to play? so in answer to your question, "why is that a bad thing"(in ref. to the flop checking through), because we lose value! if they want to call, fine. if they want to fold, fine. i don't think my money goes in significantly different(in terms of equity dog or fave) by betting versus c/r. betting just makes SURE it goes in.

as for the ranges, i took the top 50% taking out premium holdings or anything that they would raise/3bet pf. for the bb it's conceivable i could have added more suited hands, but i don't think that it's a big deal for the overall outcome. my equity is pretty robust, and on that flop(this is key) alot of worse hands are calling. we had might as well realize it through betting.

fwiw, i gave these ranges to my opponents:
button(i think he raises anything better):
55-33,A4s-A2s,K9s-K2s,Q9s-Q2s,J3s+,T5s+,95s+,86s+,75s+,65s,A5o-A2o,K9o-K4o,QTo-Q6o,J7o+,T7o+,98o,87o

big blind:
JJ-22,A9s-A2s,KTs-K2s,Q2s+,J3s+,T5s+,95s+,85s+,75s+,65s,ATo-A2o,KJo-K4o,Q6o+,J7o+,T7o+,97o+,87o