View Single Post
Old 10-24-2007, 08:23 AM

Default Re: Yikes

[ QUOTE ]
As to Absolute Entertainment SA being the banking agent - I assume Mr Norton owns that company. SA is the same thing as our Inc., I think, and it's easy to buy shares. The name stays the same, but the shareholders are different. The news reports about Blast Off a year ago are not now tracked by the statements on the web sites of the two poker sites, nor does Blast Off appear in the statement recently issued. Some have said that Blast Off is owned by Russ Hamilton, and on that basis have said that Mr Hamilton is the real Mr Big - but those reports were later retracted here. The Blast Off connection is based on news reports of status a year ago, and contradicts more recent information. So I doubt that means there is now a real, hidden Blast Off owner lurking. But I could be wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see any reason to assume Norton owns Absolute Entertainment. SA means sociedad anonyme implying a level of privacy. Can't say I know much about business law in Costa Rica, but I'm guessing from digging around a bit that they don't file public records like an Inc. would.

IIRC from my research, Russ Hamilton started a tournament blackjack company that was affiliated with Ultimate Bet. He had involvement with Excapsa due to that. It's possible he sold all of his shares prior to the Blast Off acquisition, or in the year since then, but if not he would currently still be a stakeholder.