View Single Post
Old 10-24-2007, 03:49 AM

Default Re: Skip Bayless hates kickers

[ QUOTE ]
But if they are playing Arena Football in 30 years, there will be super annoying Pats-fan-equivalents.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm doubting that will happen on a significant scale at all.
There are fans of the NHL but still not that many despite all the different rules-changes they try to make the game more appealing to more fans.

I don't think we're going to see a huge amount of LA Galazy and NY Red Bull soccer fans in 30 yrs either if they are still around although maybe with an increasing immigrant and latino population in the U.S. this could happen I suppose.

But fringe sports are still going to be fringe sports for the most part and the AFL is not in a zillion years going to be even close to the NFL in terms of fan-following.

There are so many die-hard football fans out there who watch the sport non-stop and even they won't watch arena-ball.
12 straight hours of college football on Saturday and then 3 straight games on Sunday and then Monday Night football. Every single week.
But when the arena-league is on I'm changing the channel. I even tried to watch a couple of close games before but it just isn't very interesting on TV.

I mean, this is football afterall so fans of football are supposed to be able to get into it...but they simply don't.