View Single Post
Old 10-24-2007, 01:58 AM

Default Re: Razz trny advice, please

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Prax,

I've played the Full Tilt $5+.50 tourney, 57 times. I have 2 1sts, 2 2nds, 1 6th, 1 8th, 2 13th and 2 14th for 10 cashs for a total of $389 in prizes vs. $313.50 in buy-in/rake. The fields range from 45 in the lowest to 265 for the highest (which was because a pro was playing). Typically there are about 70 runners (my wins had 73 and 74).

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I'm impressed, don't you ever play at Stars? You'd love the $10 one-thousand dollar guarantee - you get over a hundred players almost always, but it's deep-stacked and you get a lot of play time.

Come play it with me tomorrow. Let's all go play it - at 7:45 eastern.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know if you should be impressed - especially considering my $26 results. This wasn't meant as a brag and the sample size is fairly small. The point wasn't that it was a brag but rather that the wins will come. The more interesting thing about the results is the distribution of my cashes - I have either gotten heads up or just barely surpassed the bubble except for the 6th place. Although the one 2nd place was a total fluke - I was down to 1 BB after I got crippled on a hand with 8 players left but managed to double up several times in a row and then actually had a 3:1 chip lead heads up before I got my opponent all in on 5th with me having 4 wheel cards (one of which was paired) and my opponent having 2 face cards - of course i bricked twice and he went on to win. I generally don't play scared now when I'm the low stack at the bubble - I'm playing to win and not to cash at the bottom of the payout scale.

I have never played a real money razz tourney on Stars - don't usually have money on there (although one of my best friends IRL came in the top 25 in the WCOOP event after gettng in by sattelite). I can't play tomorrow anyway because I have a sports league thing. I may put some money on Stars and try on some weekend though escpecially if the game is deepstacked.