View Single Post
Old 10-24-2007, 01:45 AM

Default Re: Why is Paul Running as a Republican?

[ QUOTE ]

If he runs as an independent he won't have any impact. Only billionares can run as independents. He'll be lucky to get on the ballot.

[/ QUOTE ]
When he loses I am sure the libertarian party would take him in a heart beat. I also assume they would let him use their ballot access which is huge. Who knows, maybe he could get 5% and give the libertarian credibility/publicity/public funding(would they accept it?) they need.

[ QUOTE ]
Votes he might siphon off the republican party as an independent probably won't be there anyway. Libraterians don't really have a problem simply not voting when they are disgusted with the candidates.

[/ QUOTE ]
If he does some how decide to run on the libertarian ballot line he will get enough votes to siphon off money from the republican party. They will have to battle him all over the place, I assume it will be much like how the democrats enjoy attempting to sink the greens with their fiscal might whenever they can.

It's really a shame he is so adamant about not running as a libertarian because he would surly disrupt the hell out of the election for the republicans if he did. Maybe that's why he really is a republican...deep down he does not want to screw over his party even though they are trying to sink him.