View Single Post
Old 10-24-2007, 01:36 AM

Default Re: hit two pair turn check raise super DEEP

Kind surprised Limon would take this position as we've exchanged in the past some PMs regarding preflop play. his position then (a year ago?) was that limped > raised > reraised (ie 3betting is bad) but it's a shame to not play a pot given normal stacks w/ said SC.

It's funny because the PMs came regarding when I was trying to defend raising limpers > over limping with SCs, and I was referencing a mix of limon, S/S, and my own thoughts, and in the end as it turned out both limon and S/S pointed towards overlimping. (So I was left with my own analysis, which I still fall back on and think is more correct)

Anyway, pf is fine here, although Limon has a good point, which is don't play hands out of position against really good people, especially deep, because that is not where you stand to make a lot of money.

Again, "that said," 98s should show some profit and you should decide to play this hand, as folding shows 0 profit.

*BTW, mike, I'll have to harass you online, or anyone else in this thread: (LETS BE GROWN UP AND TRY TO SALVAGE THIS AMIRITE?)
What is the best turn play? if you check, you're calling this, right? Should we lead here? If I'm shallow im pretty happy about checkshoving. (Or betting and shoving river unimproved) Are we supposed to lead to get value from draw/1pair, and if raised, call and decide on river? (Ie possibly fold unimproved, possibly pay off, etc) Are we supposed to B3B? I think that is suicidal.