View Single Post
Old 10-24-2007, 12:59 AM

Default Re: A very interesting ethics situation and a Bellagio Floor ruling

[ QUOTE ]
i have a friend who has at the bellagio and got involved in an all-in pot where the other player had loaned his buddy next to him $1000 from his stack w/o announcing it to the table and only the dealer knew. (obv his buddy was waiting on chips) So they get it all-in and after my friend calls his all-in and loses the hand the other player tells him he had loaned his friend $1000 while waiting for chips. Floor rules it's in play despite it not being in front of him/no one at the table knowing except the dealer and the two players (sitting right next to eachother). The worst part iirc was that the player shoved his stack in the middle and announced all-in, so all of his chips in front of him were in the middle. Keep in mind that there's $100, $500 and $1,000 chips in this game so it's pretty easy to ship someone $1,000 w/o it being noticed. Floor ruled he had to pay it or be barred for life.
-Tex

[/ QUOTE ]

How much is $1K in this game? I'm a 2/5 player, I'd probably be willing to pay a $100-$200 fine to avoid being barred, so I suppose I might be willing to pay $1000 in a 10/20 NL game. I wouldn't be real happy and would probably be on this floor and dealer's ass until the end of time in the $1K case, but I'd likely pay it.