View Single Post
Old 10-24-2007, 12:39 AM

Default Re: AP Visit: I\'m going to Costa Rica

I think you should definitely go there. It's an opportunity to find out more about what happened. Even if they cover up a lot, there's no way you'll come home knowing less about this than you do now. People who complain about you getting paid are idiots. Whatever you get, you have already earned it. You have also earned our trust.

I think you should insist on getting a demonstration of how the cheating was done. That's very important in my opinion. These are some of the other things I'd ask them:

a) Why do the superuser accounts exist?
b) Why were they accessible over the Internet? (If there's a legitimate reason to keep them in the system, why not make it impossible to access them remotely?)
c) Is the information about hole cards written to a file as the hand is being played or after than hand is finished? (The first option seems stupid).
d) Why didn't they discover that someone was using the system to cheat?
e) What changes have they made to make sure that this doesn't happen again?
f) Why did someone claiming to be the head of their security team claim that they had investigated these accounts and determined that there was no cheating and no chip dumping?

I also have a question for the people who got cheated: Has anyone tried to report this to the police or some kind of financial authority in Costa Rica? From what I've read it appears that no one has. Why is that?