View Single Post
Old 10-23-2007, 11:23 PM

Default Re: Line Check couple AK hands preflop

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Fine and fine. In order to make this play on 2 you can't only play to spike your A or K though, against a 24/19. But I'm sure you know that.

I don't mind a fold on #1, though, either.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really need to learn how to fold AK preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll start you. (Note that this is far from default, but I will do it sometimes, and I might consider it here, though as I mentioned it is not default. But for the sake of your comment, I'll make "that argument")

A 25/12 is usually a player that has a general idea of what kind of hands are good for playing (though he plays a tad bit too much), which hands are worth raising (though he doesn't raise nearly enough), and which hands are worth 3-betting (though he thinks that only AA,KK, often QQ and sometimes AK and JJ are worth 3-betting). Many of his hands in this range are already made hands, and many of the times that you flop your A or K you are chopping. The other times that you get any action whatsoever on an A or K flop you are probably in serious trouble, and there will be no way for you to fold. And you aren't getting any money out of JJ or QQ most of the time if you happen to spike one of your cards.

You are OOP with a hand that has reaosonable PF equity but will be very hard to play profitably postflop, particularly OOP, against a villain who you will be able to exploit much more easily in other situations. So fold (not always, but consider it).