View Single Post
Old 10-23-2007, 11:23 PM

Default Re: Getting involved in startup, equity negotation advice?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Now that I think about this more, what this concern really is is, should I be getting involved in this at all?

[/ QUOTE ]

See that's what I mean. If you want a big share then you are saying you are going to do all you can to make the company successful (in addition to having the skills). I don't know about you, but I know that for me, I have a very hard time committing to something I think is effed to begin with.

[/ QUOTE ]

i had a 2 hour dinner meeting with him (the interval between my posts in this thread), i don't really want to post anything more specific anymore but i will say that he put me at ease with the trust issues i had earlier; i will answer one question though, Joe is the sole financer of this company. also i should add that the reason i thought it was effed had more to do with the trust issues i don't want to go into and not the idea.

to provide a bit of closure, the numbers that were discussed were near what you would expect given the numbers in this thread. i should mention that Joe doesn't view me as just a "programmer" but more as someone to have design and business idea progression ideas (even though my background is pretty much exclusively software).