View Single Post
Old 10-23-2007, 10:41 PM

Default Re: NBA Power Rankings, EAST.

[ QUOTE ]
Charlotte was a playoff team until Morrison went down. I hope they can contend without him because they were going to be a lot of fun to watch.

[/ QUOTE ]
this is a level, right? Morrison goes down actually UPS the 'cats playoff chances, mainly because they wont feel compelled to give him minutes. He's a -ev waste of mins on a team that is surprisingly deep. (Deep meaning not as many -ev options)

[ QUOTE ]

I don't think there is an easy place to draw a line between tier 1 and tier 2. This is tough to say for a Pistons fan living in Chicago, but the Bulls are clearly the class of the Central; they're deep, balanced, adding a year makes every one of their key guys better, and they have the experience of stretching the Pistons last year in the playoffs. The Pistons need the young guys, especially Maxiell and Prince, take make a big leap in order to offset the old guys getting older.

[/ QUOTE ]

it's very possible the east doesnt have a single top tier team. but it also seems wrong to list nearly 6 teams in a 2nd tier.

[ QUOTE ]

The Celtics and Wizards are very talented at the top but they're top heavy; Bulls and Pistons have better starting units and are better 1 to 12. But even though those are my top 4, I can see the Cavs, Nets, Raptors, or Heat winning their respective divisions. 6 of those 8 will win 45+, best record in the East will be ~ 55-57 wins, and every playoff spot will be contested.

None of them are in the same league as the top 3 in the West but I'd take at least the top 4 East teams over whoever the #4 in the West is.

[/ QUOTE ]
really? the top 4 east (say chi, det, bos, wash) > either the Jazz or Rockets or Nuggets? I'd prop bet you on this, dont know how we could prove it since raw wins doesnt quite do justice but if any of those teams were in the west they'd be the 7th seed. (Aside from the Celtics, they'd be 4th!)