Thread: Flopped set
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2007, 10:35 PM

Default Flopped set

I've been avoiding pp under 77 utg lately, but decided to limp this one because it was a fairly passive table (avg about 50% vpip).

That said, all the villains that I had any stats on were quite loose >45% vpip. MP1 was new to me. CO was a poor but occasionally aggressive player - he tends to bet air if checked or folded to, but call if someone else leads out.

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 6, 6.
Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 raises</font>, 1 fold</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, 3 folds</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls.

Flop: (13.40 SB) Q, 6, 8 (6 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, UTG+2 checks, MP1 bets</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 folds.

My thinking was to checkraise, but then I changed my mind and overcalled with so many callers already in. Uncoordinated rainbow flop suggested tptk or (just possibly) a donk c-bet from MP1, the others would call down with an ace overcard.

Turn: (9.20 BB) Q (5 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 bets</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP1 3-bets</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, Hero caps</font>, MP1 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls.

Now the pot is huge and I have a boat. I suspected MP1 of trip queens, no idea what the other people had. Barring a pair of 8s or some idiotic Q8 hand I'm in the lead so I pushed hard.

River: (25.20 BB) K (4 players)</font>
Hero bets</font>, MP1 raises</font>, MP3 folds, CO folds, Hero calls.
Final Pot: 29.20 BB

I thought about raising, but KQ was definitely in his range and a raise would be spew (IMO).

Thoughts? Should I have checkraised the flop, or possibly checkcalled the river?