View Single Post
Old 10-23-2007, 09:37 PM

Default questions about Beradi\'s 7 habits

I have a few questions about the 7 habits (mentioned in the link in our sticky) My questions are in brackets:

1. Eat every 2-3 hours, no matter what. You should eat between 5-8 meals per day. [Does this mean that all meals should be of fairly equal size?]

2. Eat complete (containing all the essential amino acids), lean protein with each meal. [does "lean protein" rule out red meat altogether?]

3. Eat fruits and/or vegetables with each food meal. [no questions here]

4. Ensure that your carbohydrate intake comes from fruits and vegetables. Exception: workout and post-workout drinks and meals.[So pasta is ok? Same thing if one is cutting?]

5. Ensure that 25-35% of your energy intake comes from fat, with your fat intake split equally between saturates (e.g. animal fat), monounsaturates (e.g., olive oil), and polyunsaturates (e.g. flax oil, salmon oil). [How does one know how much energy intake is coming from fat? Is this a matter of just counting calories?]

6. Drink only non-calorie containing beverages, the best choices being water and green tea. [Is black coffee bad?]

7. Eat mostly whole foods (except workout and post-workout drinks). [I don't know what this means. Does this mean no processed foods?]