View Single Post
Old 10-23-2007, 09:20 PM

Default Re: AP Visit: I\'m going to Costa Rica

[ QUOTE ]
One thing I haven't seen: both Nat and Adanthar have referenced additional information that is being withheld at this time. Especially if both of them go, make sure someone else has/can access and understand that information.

Just cuz I'm paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get me ...

[/ QUOTE ]

All right guys, let's think here.

AP is in the business of making money. Right now it's reasonable to assume they make their money off gambling (legitimate or not is immaterial, but I think the company on the whole wants to clear themselves at this point).

But let's suppose the worst case. Suppose Nat and Adar--er Adanthar are invited on down and are greeted at the airport by a creepy old man in a hawaiian shirt who takes them to his pal "Big Barney" on an offshore island. What happens then? They disappear from here, and since this is the Internet people will actually notice. If they're trying to retain their players (that is where the money comes from after all, cheating or not) then news of inside-job cheating is bad press but possibly repairable over time, while a double murder is probably be a little harder to patch over.

In summary, how does what you're implying help AP?