View Single Post
Old 10-23-2007, 09:16 PM

Default Re: Jman\'s High Stakes Poker Trip Report (long)

[ QUOTE ]
From an "outsider's" (no idea who Jman is) point of view, this thread leaves a seriously bad taste in my mouth towards the OP. Comes off extremely self-righteously. He bought in min, played like a nit and they decided to replace him with an ostensibly more interesting player - it's a shame he never got to put his master plan or whatever into action, but it's pretty easy to see HSP's point of view here. I can't imagine anybody affiliated with HSP who happened to wander into this thread would view the OP in a much more positive light either. Doesn't seem like the smartest idea posting this in terms of chances of getting back on the show. But it sure was a fun read, so I'm happy you did. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I completely agree with everything you said.

The player came off like a nit because he *was* a nit. According to his own calculations he was only playing 10% of his hands, and only was in the game for about 40 hands. This means he was keeping more than a full rebuy in his pocket when he was only planning to play 4 pots, total, on day 2. A reasonable player would've bought in for the spare $220 and just got up from his seat if he went busto, but was still scheduled for day 3.

And even if raptor lists it as 1200bbs, the fact remains that 1.44 min-buyins is short.

Hopefully you'll learn something from this, but I'm guessing you won't. Nit.