View Single Post
Old 10-23-2007, 07:03 PM

Default Re: AP Visit: I\'m going to Costa Rica

[ QUOTE ]
Okay, I've discussed this with a lot of people on AIM at this point. These people include El Diablo, snagglepuss, Adanthar and tons of others that I trust. I've also talked to a bunch of people who have called me since I made this post.

I think I may need to re-evaluate how wise it is for me to do this. I am not calling it off, but I may need to speak to AP management again as well as redefine my goals.

1. I really really don't care about the money, but I also don't do things like this for free. So surely people can understand the difference between me saying "sure, Adanthar can go and receive whatever fee they pay him" and me saying "I'm not going down there and doing this work for free"

2. I am not really concerned about my personal safety and it actually tilts me more than anything else in this thread that so many people seem to think that I'm really taking that big a risk here re: safety. If someone wanted me hurt they could do it anywhere. Costa Rica might be easier or whatever, but I'm really not 100% safe wherever I go.

3. It might make more sense for someone like Adanthar to go. If everyone agrees that doing technical things that involve high-level text parsing (my programming specialty, if I have one) is going to be a waste of time, then why not have someone who's more versed in poker and is equally or more trusted on 2p2, etc?

So really, I'm going to re-think this. More likely than not I will still end up going, but I need to rethink this.

Thank you to everyone for your insight and please keep posting, I want to see what everyone has to say before this trip actually happens for someone (whether it is me or someone else).

[/ QUOTE ]

Good

Edit: Just got up and skimming threads. My thoughts exactly at that point in time. I'm drinking coffee and thinking. More later I guess. Thanks.

gg