View Single Post
Old 10-23-2007, 06:40 PM

Default Re: AP Visit: I\'m going to Costa Rica

All,

Re: going with Nat, I'm talking to him about it at the moment. This may or may not happen - it's not my main priority right now, but I also play donkaments for a living, which means that by definition, I don't have anything better to do. (Not to say I'm taking it lightly; like I said, it's just not the #1 issue on my plate either way.)

I'm not gonna say anything else about it simply because I'd rather not make a public announcement until the one of us, two of us, and/or anyone else that replaces either of us, have figured out what we're gonna do one way or the other. That said, obviously, whether I go or not, blaming Nat, myself or anybody else for taking money from AP is dumb - neither Nat or anyone else should have to pay for their own plane tickets and hotel rooms to be stuck in office buildings for a week researching a financial crime. Of course, compensation's gonna be involved. It is, however, just as silly to imagine that anyone would sabotage their integrity for this at any point - we've all got reps that are worth a lot more than the amount we're talking about.

Having said that,

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
My ultimate goal is not to sink the company. I want them to pay for their mistakes. I also want them to be a good company going forward.

[/ QUOTE ]

The only way for the company to pay for its mistakes is for it to go down the tubes. And there is no such thing as a "good" company. Companies exist to make money for their shareholders. That is all.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is wrong and partly shortsighted. I'll be the first to admit I *do* have an interest in seeing online poker survive. Personally, I'd much rather just have it US-regulated, but in the absence of that as an option, I'd much rather have a market including a clean, reformed AP than a market with a dead AP and a horror story. This does not mean I'll pull punches, because a market with a corrupt AP is much worse than both of those things, and if I ran into a lie anywhere, we'd all just have a ticking timebomb on our hands anyway. But I do not particularly want the tree to die if the offending bug larvae's already gone.