View Single Post
Old 10-23-2007, 06:31 PM

Default Re: uNL 1 year report card

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If we aren't good at giving advice, how are we qualified to evaluate whether advice is good? We'll just evaluate advice that confirms our biases as good, and advice that doesn't as bad. The only evaluation that means anything is in results, namely, that people who come here for results win more, and move up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Some of the advice is really really bad, that doesn't mean people won't improve when they post here.

I feel like there should be more recognition for good posters, but maybe that's too much of a jerkfest. I can't think of a good way to do it anyways.

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem with this is that nobody here is really "good", otherwise we would all be playing MSNL already. Some are better than others but I've always been a fan of taking all the advice in and filtering it for yourself. There's really no way to denote who is good or bad without imploding the forum imo, and I dont think that labelling people as "bad" is really going to help what is supposed to be a friendly place for beginners to get their toes wet.