View Single Post
Old 10-23-2007, 06:08 PM

Default Re: In the case against religious theism, what is so damning...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So many problems...

(1) Though I can't pull scripture out of thin air, I'm fairly certain that Jesus didn't negate the Old Testament.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's called the New Covenant. Look it up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Also- Brad... since you seem to think Splendour is on to something, are you suggesting that the New Covenant is saying everything in the Old Testament is wrong? For instance, if you read the Old Testament and by reading came to the logical conclusion that the earth is 6000 years old, are you suggesting that the New Covenant says this is wrong?

If so... the Old Testament was still considered divine... was God just kidding with the old testament and then came clean with the New Testament?

And why are Christians always quoting the Old Testament if its been negated? Perhaps they haven't heard about the New Covenant?

Finally- Is this new covenant believed and interpreted the same by all Christians and scholars? If not, that leads to a whole other problem (who is right) and, once again, highlights the problem that I listed as #2... where Splendour pretends he is speaking on behalf of all Christians when, in reality, there's quite a range of beliefs for Christians... many who would never suggest you shouldn't get 'hung up' on the Old Testament as they believe it is Divinely Inspired and meant to be believed as a record of fact.