View Single Post
Old 10-23-2007, 05:50 PM

Default Re: In the case against religious theism, what is so damning...

[ QUOTE ]
The problem you might be having No_Foolin' is a problem that a Christian doesn't have. We don't base our faith on Genesis. We base it on the Gospels: Matthew, Mark, Luke and John. That's where you are most probably getting hung up. If you can't make it past Genesis you might have a problem. That's why I would start with the New Testament first then read the Old Testament then read the New Testament again. Jesus is central to everything we believe.

[/ QUOTE ]

So many problems...

(1) Though I can't pull scripture out of thin air, I'm fairly certain that Jesus didn't negate the Old Testament.
(2) once again, Splenda, you speak for people you have no authority to speak for. There are many different groups of Christians with very different beliefs. There are many Christians who believe in the entirety of the Bible. Some believe the stories are literal... some think they are metaphorical. So, you are flat out wrong saying that he gets hung up on Genesis and other Christians don't have that problem since quite a few Christians think everything in Genesesis and the rest of the old testament is literal fact.