View Single Post
Old 10-23-2007, 05:41 PM

Default Re: AP Visit: I\'m going to Costa Rica

[ QUOTE ]
1. The known cheating accounts are the exclusive domain of the auditors. I cannot access that data. Other than that, I've been told I can see whatever I want.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a bit odd - how could giving you the same data compromise the audit which is happening? Methinks the more eyes the merrier, and, if nothing else, releasing the hands to the poker community will help to ensure an honest audit.

As for your purpose, I'm a little confused - hopefully you can perform a mini-audit yourself, but w/o access to the superuser hands, what can be accomplished?

I have a few ideas:

1. Get hands-on experience with the superuser account?
2. See the login logs for all suspicious accounts to see when they were created, who they played with/observed, etc.
3. See whatever security improvements they claim to have made?
4. Interview people (assuming you're allowed - if you're not allowed, that kind of makes this look more like a PR trip than a substantive one). Record your conversations.
5. Find out Scott Tom's whereabouts during the timeframe in question, as well as his relationship with AJ and others.
6. Talk to those who performed their initial "exhaustive" investigation, and get a copy of that. Put them on the spot - didn't alarm bells go off when the suspicious account belonged to an insider. Why did they lie to the public? Who authorized the lie? Who knew what, and when?
7. If they had security lapses, did heads roll? Who was fired? When (organizational charts, as others have suggested, are an excellent idea)? Any payouts to the fired individuals? Any reports to criminal authorities?
8. Will AP commit to periodic outside audits? How about revealing their ownership structure?

Cheers, Carl.