View Single Post
Old 10-23-2007, 05:32 PM

Default Re: How does everyone feel about this?

Showing a card face up does not muck your hand if you do not verbally declare fold/call/raise or toss your cards pass the betting line.

I know this sounds like a fish post but what you have to understand is this, I'm a strong player, I've played thousands of hands and I make money every time I go here.

What I am saying, which maybe confuses you as to who the bad player is, is that I'm trying to find an alternate way, above and beyond normal play (raise/all-in, in this case) to teach these uneducated poker players a lesson. Just by pushing all in here, just because the player may be even unaware of what a full house is, may call thinking he has the best hand. When a player doesn't understand the game and grasp the concept of raises and bluffs, they make stupid calls, which eliminates a good part of strategy from good players.

Traditional methods may not work and it's frustrated when these players DO make hands, because even if you represent larger, they don't do the logical thing, which means that you lose more money. An experienced player knows that if you have a flush on a paired board and someone puts you all in for another 1/3 of the pot, they probably have quads or a boat, but these players don't have the same mentality and there has to be another way to reach them.

That's all I'm saying. When I do boat up, I punish them. I come out of this game time and time again with 2x-5x my buy-in almost guaranteed assuming nobody hits a HUGE hand against my HUGE hand. Bunch of business owners and punk kids throwing money around, it's like an ATM machine and I have everyone's pin number.