View Single Post
Old 10-23-2007, 04:46 PM

Default Re: Official October Thread: General Discussion

[ QUOTE ]
can anyone relate to my situation currently?

in regard to cashgames, i am winning a little bit in sixmax games at 1/2 and 2/4 when i game select well, but the only thing I am showing good profit in (ie consistent five figure months if i play a good schedule) is heads-up poker

however, it is hard for me to put in sessions at heads-up, because of how stressful sessions can be. not in the sense of sweat-going-down-my-forehead, just the fact that hands per hour feels higher and so many more things have to be considered even with an MT ratio of 2, like pace of play, timing tells, how the metagame of the match is going, how i feel villain's mood is, etc

whereas sixmax (i assume others feel the same) i just load up 4 tables and try and pick up reads, but for the most part play lag autopilot.

can any HU players chime in on how they manage to put in so many sessions? I mean, at some point I need to grasp that its my responsibilty to put in hands, but it seems harder to get inspired to do it for HU compared to sixmax just because HU is so much more demanding even though the relative opposition is weaker

/ramble

[/ QUOTE ]

I have class in 10 mins so I'll go into more of my thoughts later, but just game select HU where the winrates are higher and you should be fine.. I can usually tell within 50 hands if the player i'm facing is decent HU, if I don't feel comfortable against his playing style I think simply leaving and finding another table is best.. Also playing overrolled and 1-tabling or 2-tabling max keeps you alert and thinking instead of auto-piloting a bunch of 6-max.. plus you can get 200ish hands in an hour playing 1-table HU so you can still get the hands in.