View Single Post
Old 10-23-2007, 04:36 PM

Default Re: In the case against religious theism, what is so damning...

[ QUOTE ]
Quote: Its things like this that makes other theists beg you to stop making Christians look bad.

No one has said I'm making them look bad Kurto.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, you are making them look bad. You are making very broad assumptions about my conversation with the preacher, based on very, very little data.

Every time I hear a Christian discuss things in the same simplistic and general manner you are here, I solidify my view more and more that the only people who believe the Bible is true are those who at some basic level lack the ability to fairly and accurately examine data and evidence. Where you should be considering, for example, 10 pieces of evidence before drawing even a qualified conclusion, you take 2 or 3 and draw a conclusion you believe is the unquestionable truth. Your standards of rigor are ridiculously low.

This doesn't mean that I believe you have to have ten thousand pieces of evidence before one can believe in God. It only means that as a matter of course you, Splendour, don't demand a whole lot of evidence to be persuaded of things. And this doesn't give non-Christians a strong sense of comfort about the possibility of the truth of the Bible.