View Single Post
Old 10-23-2007, 04:20 PM

Default Re: Train wreck hand - stud hi

[ QUOTE ]
Hero has 7/36*6/33 chance of hitting flush assuming only hero catches spade on 6th. That computes to 3.5% so no hero does not have pot odds to call for his flush.

[/ QUOTE ]

IF you thought thats the only way you can win. I'm just saying a backdoor draw adds that extra 3.5% to whatever he has already and you don't need much to turn it into a call in a pot this big.

What if seat 7 started with 6c8c9c? That seems like a reasonable hand for a bad player to play in this fashion.

Extreme, but I can't say ive never seen anyone keep calling in spots like this with 696....as OP said, villain claimed to have started with 668. If that is actually true then I don't think you want to find out later you folded for 6 bucks in a $108 pot when you were ahead of both players.

I think its an easy fold if the pot wasn't so damn big.

Given that villain had 668 to start, and knowing the other player had aces with a King, Hero is still going to win the hand almost 24% of the time. It is 3BB to call if you call the river and the pot was almost 25BB. He was correct to call 5th I think.