View Single Post
Old 10-23-2007, 03:15 PM

Default Re: $6 NLTRN: Preflop play at the 50/100 level

These are good questions .

1) In many instances when you have 10-12 bb's you would employ a raise or fold strategy . Although this sounds pretty good , it still has some holes . If your opponent is well versed in game theory , then he can do slightly better by calling or folding from the BB . Folding is out of the question . You're either raising or shoving all in depending on what you know about him .

2)I don't mind being aggressive with this hand , although my decision to shove primarily depends on villains pfr % .I'm certain the shove would be profitable against an habitual pre-flop raiser .

3)To weak imo to fold k-j here . I'm most definitely shoving all in here against many players .

4) At this stage in the game , you can safely raise and fold if shoved . So I'd probably continue my aggression by raising j-4 here . If he shoves all in , I fold .
Do you see a trend ?

5)Correct raise .

6) Fair enough . j-9 is close to my cut-off point . Perhaps I shove if I had j-10 or q-9 but I think the decision is still close .

7)You don't have any fold equity here if you shove . Your pot odds for shoving is 1519:969 which means you need to be ahead of his range at least 38.96% . I don't think you have that here so I don't mind the fold at all .

8) You should shove all in .
9) Correct play .